For our paid users, this feature is very useful for improving your club website’s appearance in search engines like Google.
Verifying your site with Google
- Add your domain name (site) to Google Search Console. If you do not already have a Google account (either in your own name or your club’s name), you will have to register for a free Google account first. Once you’re logged in, you’ll see a box next to a red button which says “Add Property.”
Enter the URL of the site you’re trying to add in the box and click “Add Property.”
Congratulations, your site is now added to your Search Console account!
- Next, you will be asked to verify that you own your domain name. Select the Alternate Methods tab. For your website, you will need to select the HTML meta tag method from the methods offered by Google.
- Assuming you are already logged into your club website’s admin panel, go to Appearance and then Template Configuration.
– Click on the Website SEO section. Copy the HTML meta tag generated by Google and paste it into the text field labelled: ““.
– To add this meta tag to your website, click the Update / Publish button.
- Return to the Google Search Console browser tab. Finally, click Verify.
Verifying ownership of your site for Bing
To follow shortly. In the meantime, please contact our support team.
This feature is for paid users only. Note that this requires some knowledge and understanding of search engine optimisation (SEO).